Monday, September 9, 2019

Splenda Naturals Stevia Review

Hey folks! I have joined this community called BzzAgent that allows me to try and review awesome new products. I thought I would share with you all my thoughts on my first campaign. I was sent a table jar of Splenda's new sweetener called Naturals Stevia. It is a all natural, zero calorie sweetener that will give the artificial products a run for their money. So let's get into detail about my first impression.

The appearance of the packaging is of great quality. The jar is a good size to use for something you would sit out on your table for coffee or tea. The container itself is sturdy and has a tight fits snap lid. The container also has all the pertinent information on it. By this I mean ingredients, nutritional facts, how the product is made, safe for diabetics, and even a recipe.


Table Jar Sample


I opened the snap lid to find a product that looks just like granulated sugar. I smelled the product out of curiosity and at first reminded me of an artificial vanilla smell, but after a couple days, I believe it smells more like brown sugar. I of course couldn't wait to use it so I tasted a little bit on the tip of my finger to find it almost tasting like sweet air with a bit of powdery after taste that I for one associate with most artificial sweeteners.


Opened Product 


The first actual use was in my coffee along with French vanilla creamer and sugar free caramel flavoring syrup. I didn't want to alter how I made my coffee, so that I could get the truest taste of the sweetener. My first impression, I could still taste the slight powdery after taste. I then looked the container over more to realize that I had not made the proper adjustment to how much I had put into my coffee. This product only calls for half of what you would use with regular granulated sugar. One teaspoon of sugar is equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon of Naturals Stevia.

Once I made the proper adjustments and used the product for two or more days, the after taste was no longer a factor. I believe the combination of using too much product, along with the idea of using a sweetener other than sugar caused the after taste. I have never been a fan of artificial sweeteners and I associated this Splenda product with the artificial taste at first. 


Great in Hot Tea
 

I would definitely recommend this product. Granulated sugar has 15 calories per serving and this product taste the same and has zero!!!! It is also a great substitute for diabetics, which for I'm sure is a huge selling point for those on restricted diets.  If zero calories and a great taste doesn't have you convinced, it is an all natural product that contains stevia leaf extract and erythritol.  The erythritol is the natural sweetener extracted through the fermentation process. 

So there you have it, an all natural product that taste great, has zero calories, requires less than other products, and is safe for restricted diets such as diabetics!!!  Give it a try, I bet you will be surprised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment