Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Recipe of the Week: Bacon Ranch Asparagus Chicken

Recipe of the Week: Bacon Ranch Asparagus Chicken

    I love finding new recipes to use and experiment with via Pinterest.  I also like to make it my own and hardly ever measure anything especially spices.  I will always include the original recipe that I got inspiration from.  This week its a one pan casserole type meal.  

    It's simple to prep and as simple as throwing it in the oven to bake.  I love using this recipe because we can use up garden and farm raised ingredients that bring out even more flavor.  The original recipe could be considered a one pan meal, but we like more than one vegetable or adding a starch such as rice to complete the meal.  The original recipe can be viewed here.

    Here is how I make it:         
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Add 1 & 1/2 cups chicken broth to 13 x9 inch baking dish
  3. Add 1 cup rice (I always use Jasmine)
  4. Lay 1 lb chicken on top of rice (I use thighs, but breast or tenders can be used too)
  5. Sprinkle seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion power, and dry ranch seasoning over chicken
  6. Drizzle Ranch dressing (liquid) over chicken
  7. Add asparagus pieces around chicken and on top (I usually use one bunch or half a bag)
  8. Crumble bacon top
  9. Sprinkle colby jack or any of your favorite cheese mixture on top 
  10. Cover and bake for 30 mins
    Sometimes I take the cover off with five minutes left so the cheese can brown a little.  This meal feeds our family of five and the majority of the time there is no leftovers!!!  Everyone loves it from the baby to the teenager and of course us adults.  This is a great dish to get those picky eaters to give asparagus a try!
    Hopefully you give my version a try or the original recipe.  Let me know in the comments below which one you tried and what your thoughts are on it!!  

    Enjoy and stay tuned for more of our family favorite meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment